Call for applications: Excellence scholarship
M.A. SANTE [Better Access to Health Care] is a Cameroonian NGO based in Yaoundé. It was created in 2006 with as objective to improve access to health care in Cameroon through research, training, and implementation of health interventions.
In line with its missions of capacity building in health research and implementation of health interventions, the organization offers two (02) scholarships to outstanding students enrolling for Master’s programs in Cameroon during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Eligible candidates include:
a- students enrolling for Masters in any of these fields: Epidemiology, Public Health or Statistics;
b- Students enrolling for M.Sc. in any of these programs: Clinical Biology, Bacteriology, Parasitology, Virology, or Mycology.
The maximum annual amount of the scholarship is 600,000F CFA (Six hundred thousand CFA Francs). This covers tuition for the first year of the program. The appointment can be renewed for the second year and extended to cover the cost of thesis after positive evaluation of awardee’s performance in the first year.
- Be at most 24 years old on October 1, 2020;
- Be motivated to pursue a career in research;
- Have excellent undergraduate results.
- Motivation letter;
- CV, summarized in 4 pages;
- All undergraduate transcripts;
- Photocopy of National Identity Card;
- Research proposal abstract, not more than 400 words.
Major evaluation criteria
- the number of years spent to complete the undergraduate cycle;
- the general average of the undergraduate cycle;
- the quality of the abstract;
- the candidate’s vision and career plan
How to apply:
Only preselected candidates will be contacted for interview. The scholarship will only be released if the student presents proof of admission in one of the eligible Masters at a Cameroonian university.
NB: specify in the subject of your email the title of the offer
Candidate evaluation procedure:
– Review candidates’ submissions;
– Preselect candidates;
– Contact preselected candidates;
– Inform selected candidates by email.