Call for tender: Post Doctorate
Position: Post Doctorate
Contract duration: 1 year (from January 2021)
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon (With possibility of field visits)
M.A. SANTE [Better Access to Health Care] is a Cameroonian N.G.O based in Yaoundé and operating in Cameroon with the objective of contributing to the improvement of access to health care through research, health training and the implementation of health interventions. Its activities are organized from its headquarters in Yaoundé and its decentralized sites based in Kousseri and Mogode (Far North, Cameroon) and Douala (Littoral, Cameroon).
As part of its training missions, M.A. SANTE offers one (01) Post Doctorate position for a period of one (01) year from January 2021.This position will allow the successful candidate to develop his or her skills in writing articles, projects and to participate in ongoing project activities.
Missions and responsibilities
- Work under the supervision of the investigator, on at least one of the existing projects, on the development of articles on existing data and on the development of projects in progress ;
- Participate in the remote and field monitoring of ongoing projects.
- Can apply, any African living in Africa holding a Doctorate or PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biology, Infectious Diseases, delivered after January1st, 2018 by a referenceduniversity;
- Have published at least two articles in a journal visible on PubMed as first author.
Language: Have a mastery of English.
- Exceptional predispositions for collaboration, communication and teamwork, critical thinking and ethics;
- Want to pursue a career in health research in an African institution;
- Be available for full-time work.
Composition of the file
- Motivation letter of at most 500 words;
- The CV of maximum four pages which presents, among other things, the references of the published articles;
- A photocopy of the summary of the PhD thesis;
- A copy of all university degrees obtained.
For applications submitted by email, the documents must be sent in PDF format in a single file (Name_First_Name.pdf).
How to apply:
Applications can either be submitted in physical copy to the Association’s headquarters (Yaounde, Biyem-Assi Lac District, opposite Tyrannus Educational Centre), or sent to the following address: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application: December 11, 2020 at 5P.M.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted for the interview.